Thursday, June 28, 2012

Spiced Pecans

Hey there! I know, I know....I've been a slacker! But, between having unexpected (and delightful) company the other day, and preparing for vacation, I've been a little busy...so, hope you can forgive me. These pecans should make you my friend all over again! Perfect for gift-giving  and I've already done the research for ya - now, you just have to make them...And don't make only 1/2 the recipe, like I did...(what a mistake); go ahead and throw your lot in and make the 2 cups...it's worth it! The recipe that I used (Spiced Pecans) recommended a higher temperature than I use when toasting nuts - after many years of experience, I decided to reduce the temperature to something that I was comfortable with...nothing like burning your expensive pecans. SO, if you make this recipe, I suggest baking these at 275ยบ, for about 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. And, by all means, follow YOUR nose AND your instincts! Don't burn your pecans!
As always, thanks for stopping by!

Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment