Thursday, September 26, 2013

There Are Better Things Than Ding Dongs (like this Ding Dong CAKE!)

A friend of mine shared this recipe on FB a couple of weeks ago. She said she wished it was on her counter; I concurred. I then proceeded to think about that cake. And think about it...and think about it...and finally (4 days later) MAKE it!

Here is a link to the original recipe: Ding Dong Cake from the site Just A Pinch. I decided early on, that if I was going to all the trouble to make this cake, canned frosting wasn't going to cut it. I found a chocolate buttercream frosting from a friend, Sue Lau (her FAB blog is Palatable Pastime) that looked great and after mixing was to die for... Here is a link to the frosting, from food.com: Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. As far as the cake and the filling, I followed the recipe as written, using 9 inch pans. If you were to use an 8 inch pan, the layers would be thicker and the slices a bit smaller.
Now, this will serve 12 (pretty big pieces) to 16 people, and everyone will ohhh and ahhhh over it! All you have to do is make it now - you know you want to...

As always, thank you for stopping by...
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment